Friday, June 27, 2008

I tried deleting and redownload the newest version and it still doesn t work. I also tried restoring the original settings on the tool bar.
simple flash programs work like games but it will not show youtube videos so I think it is java related.
It has been so for about a week.
Also I have xp.

we were given a computer that has windows 2000 professional as the operating system.

i ve been trying to install java- but every time i try it comes up with this:
---
this java platform will not work on this system for the following reasons:

* this machine does not have enough disk space to install this product
---
i ve checked the c and d drives- and they both say this:
C: used 566kb
free 7.23 mb

D: used 3.19 gb
free 73.1 gb

so from what i can see- i have plenty of room to install java [373kb]. but it s not letting me..


[also- as a side question- the person who gave us the computer told us that we had to insert the installation disk at every startup. if that s true- could i possibly install windows xp professional instead- and maybe not have to insert it at every startup?]
i went through some other yahoo answers and it said that i should go into regedit- which i did and i found where the installation stuff is sent..

it actually is sent to d drive- which was something else that confused me.. [sorry i didn t specify]

The tools offered from every website screener I have seen are not in-depth enough for what I m looking for. The Yahoo Screener from JAVA only would have been- but I m having problems with it that yahoo customer support has not been able to solve. I have also tried downloading the hingefire screener- unsuccessfully. It must be a good- in-depth screener. I don t mind paying a small charge- however. Thanks for your help!

I would like them to be compatible with a Samsung a737 phone. I m not sure whether or not this is a Smart Phone - so the provided instructions aren t much help. I figure I probably need to get it down to one file- or a folder that is called by a file- but I have no idea how to do that.

I read the warning stuff on the website- but #5 is interesting.

It says- "[...]it opens new risks: malicious or misconfigured Tor exit nodes can send you the wrong page- or even send you embedded Java applets disguised as domains you trust."

Have you ever experienced any problems? Will Tor mess my computer up? Will it work for Ventrilo?

Please help.

No comments: