Thursday, June 19, 2008

in my java class- we didn t go over parallel arrays very well- and i know how to do just an array- but i have no clue how to do a parallel array- and i need to do one for my final project and the notes that i have (that are online at mathbits.com) aren t really any help. can anyone help me?

i have created tree from xml file using java script and php- the name of the nodes are the (string that i want to search) same as to the search string- so- when some one click the node- how can i be able to search the clicked string against some other folder which contains subfolders and files which (it is so important)the file names is so long and include the path of the tree and include the nodes name??? example i have tree like
AAA
¦
bbb
¦
ccc

the files in the folder are by the name like
AAA____________bbb____________ccc____________ddd____________251254_625325.txt or other extension like .bin or .log...... And the 73 character name this file is kept under the folder.
so if some one click on the node ccc how could i able to search from the folder called ddd?
ya- i am looking from server not client...how can i do it boos???
Please some one explain me- or give me some example- how could i do it?

I am using java to add- update and delete from a access database. Here is my code to add a entry.
sqlQuery = "insert into Customers values(" +
txtCustNo.getText() + "- "+
txtName.getText() + " - " +
txtPhone.getText() + " - #" +
txtBDay.getText() + "#)";
n = stmt.executeUpdate(sqlQuery);

But now I need to search the database and I am having lots of trouble. I really don t know how ot start. Here is what I have

String sqlQuery = "select * " + "from Customers where Name Like " + namemem + " ;";
System.out.println(sqlQuery);
n = stmt.executeUpdate(sqlQuery);

I am searching for a name so I want to have the user only put in a few letters of the name and the results pop up in a JOptionWindow.
any thoughts?
I am also getting this error message.

SQLException: No row count was produced
select Cust_no- Name- Phone- Bday from customers

i have java script it keeps telling me it is not enabled i have followed all the help but no luck if you can help plain easy stages please

I m on mozilla firefox. When i use IE it works fine

No comments: