Friday, June 20, 2008

I downloaded the .cab file containing the installation file for Yahoo! Go 3.0- but I get an error message regarding Java settings. How can I change this so it will work?
It says that it can t find PInvoke DLL Interop.dll- so what do I need to do with Java? If there s a download- how should I go about doing it?

I would like to be able to input a certain date such as 3/17/2005 and get an out put that would tell me what week of the year that was and what day it was so a T or W or whatever. Thanks for any help

Humans first inhabited New Guinea- Australia- and Tasmania around 40k y.a.- when the First Wave of H. s. sapiens migrating out of Africa eventually found their way to Sunda- then to Sahul. This theory is supported by both archaeogenetic (e.g.- 1st branch of M haplogroups) and linguistic (e.g.- distinctness of Papuan and Australian tongues) evidence. Fast fwd 35-000yrs. A group of Formosans venture out of present-day Taiwan to begin the great Austronesian Expansion- re- colonizing most of Malay Archipelago and beyond. While their legacy is great- they didn t fully displace the original Papuans and Australians.

So what happened to the peoples of Sumatra- Java- Borneo- etc. BEFORE the Austronesians veni-vidi-vicied? They would have descended from the First Wave- looked like Papuans- and spoken similar languages. Why were they displaced/assimilated into Austronesian cultures but their Papuan cousins spared? What made them so unlucky? And where are their archaeological remains?
You are right there are healthy debates concerning the details of the pre-Austronesian habitation of the Malay Archipelago- Melanesia- and Australia (e.g.- one wave or multiple waves- out-of-Africa or multi-regional- exactly how many tens of thousands of years ago).

Regardless- by the time the expanding Austronesians reached Luzon circa 5000-3000 BCE- there must have been a mixture of peoples populating the Malay Arch and beyond. Looking at the composition of the cultures and languages of Oceania of 1500 CE (pre-European)- I think it is fair (or is it?) to make the observation that: 1) Austronesians had overrun most of the Malay Arch; 2) pre-Austronesian Papuans and Australians largely remained in place. I am curious why the difference in fates? Was the Malay Arch more sparsely populated? Were these indigenous Malays less equipped to defend themselves against the weapons or diseases of the Austronesian invaders?

Normally I would not- but I ve heard that the two don t like each other. And while I understand I am installing over 2- I would like to avoid conflict. I will not be trying to run both at the same time. I have friends using the release candidates who are having major trouble getting Java to work (not that it has anything to do with my concern.)

I m looking to fill the left and right side of the tank- keeping the middle bare. I know i want java moss to grow up the rocks- but i m also looking for a bit of colour in plants too. I ll be buying them next weekend- so winner gets me buying them and i ll post a vid!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8RA-nor-CYY

I see that the iPOD Touch Safari Browser does not support any of the MPEG formats except MPEG4. Also does not support JAVA or FLASH. Amongst other things....

When browsing sites that have audio/video embedded- do you have problems watching or hearing?

How about game sites.... most use FLASH!! What do you do??

I do not want to be stuck watching ONLY You-Tube video and not being able to access game sites (like POGO- etc....)

Your thoughts????

No comments: