Friday, June 13, 2008

i asked erler about playing runescape on the psp and i got an ansewer psp s dont have java and ive looked at past answers of the same question and they have people saying that too. the thing is psp s do have java and people who answer questions like this should know that cause they re suppose to know info to answer the question aren t they?

I just finished my short diploma course on Java programming- currently 19 years old and I have been in an IT company for about a month already. I have an office mate who is 42 years old and is still single. We would usually hang out and talk but a few days ago she asked me out if I want to go watch a movie with her and have dinner.

She is somewhat attractive and nice but I never expected her to initiate an closer relationship because of the age gap. And I ve heard when it comes to love women don t usually go after younger men.

Is she interested in me or does she just want sex?

For instance- if I use this:

g.drawString ("If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap-"- 10- 230);
g.drawString ("whence everyone must take an equal portion-"- 10- 250);
g.drawString("most people would be content to take their own and depart."- 10- 270);
g.drawString ("-- Socrates"- 10- 290);

there are not quotation marks around my quote. If I add extra quotation marks at the beginning and end- I get a syntax error. There must be a way around this... help- please? :) I m just learning Java (obviously)!

Will go through all the screens till it comes up to the actuall game one- then the java logo comes up and then it goes all white with a red x in one corner. If you click it then it brings up the error below.

load: class loader.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: loader.class
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass
(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling java (I definitely have the most up to date version. It is ticked in my internet explorer settings advanced tab. I Use Norton firewall if that helps- cos i know that can mess with it.

It also will not run some other java applications- so I don t think it is the site- it is just that rune scape is the one that is affecting me now.

I know it is possible in c/c++ but how about Java?

When it comes to computer skills- I m like a jack of all trades. The problem is I know just enough to get by- for example I know HTML and CSS- but just enough to build nice looking- basic websites. I know several programing languages- but not enough to write a fully-functional program.
On my resume how do I show that I m familiar with the concepts- and if needed I m willing to expand my knowledge in that area- but I m not an expert in it.

For example I don t want to put Java on it and bless the lords I get hired somewhere and they go "You know Java right-we need you to write a program that does this- and we need it done by next Tuesday". Well I m not that good with Java- so I either can t do it and get fired- or I do it but its not up to par- and thats my first strike against me.

On the other hand I don t want to hand in a practically empty resume. I want to show that I do have skills and potential.

No comments: