Sunday, May 25, 2008

When I was searching online to gather some information for my Java training....I found some new words which got me really confused....

Could someone give me a brief explanation on the differences between....(IT Field)....
BOOTCAMP
WORKSHOP
LIVE PROJECTS - I hope....you would be put to work under an ongoing project...

I tried my best to understand each one of them but still somewhat confused....I would appreciate any help....

When I was searching online to gather some information for my Java training....I found some new words which got me really confused....

Could someone give me a brief explanation on the differences between....(IT Field)....
BOOTCAMP
WORKSHOP
LIVE PROJECTS - I hope....you would be put to work under an ongoing project...

I tried my best to understand each one of them but still somewhat confused....I would appreciate any help....

I m making a java program and I m having problems with one of the methods..

Basically I call this method- and if the condition is true then it will return a string. If it s not true- I want it to return nothing and continue calling the other methods.

I m not sure how to do that because I have to declare it as either void or a String.. here is the code:


public static String validityCheck(int x- int y- int z)
{
String valid = new String();

if(condition here)
{
valid = "This is not a valid";
}
return(valid);
}

But I don t think that s right...

In my main function I end up printing that valid string- so if the condition is false then it returns nothing- and it just prints an empty line (instead of nothing at all- which is what I want).

Is there any way I can make main print the valid string ONLY if that condition was true? Without putting the whole method into main instead?

Thanks in advance!

someone i know keeps buying internet phones.... and they never work... all the sites say you have to make an account to prove your age like u tube- and the ones that do let you in say Error downloading page.... also it says something about java settings- and the settings page is empty.. with nothing filled in... why not?? i dont like paying for the internet so i have never tried it on my phone... so i dont know if i would have the same problem... are all phones suopsed to do this or does my friend just keep getting broken ones??

i have a vague idea of how to read from a txtfile but not how to put the values in a textfield in java it would probably be
firstTextfiled.setText(value);
i wopuld like to know what the setText metho is in C#.
Please help.

This is weird but I am able to click on links- select items from drop-down menus- etc anywhere on my screen except the middle. This is really frustrating as that s where most windows pop up asking you to click OK/Cancel- etc and I end up having to tab and select via the keyboard which doesn t even help if it s one of those dot things you need to select (ie. I m trying to book flights but am unable to click on the flight I want).

Any idea of why this is happening and how I can fix it? I am using Vista- have re-downloaded Java (as suggested by a friend)- changed mice....everything I can think of- but nothing is working. By the way- I m using a laptop and this has been happening for over a week and occurs when using spreadsheets- it occurs with most other applications including the internet- word processor- My Computer...everything.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help as this is driving me nutso!
Hey guys. Nope- the cursor doesn t change when in the middle of the screen and changing from Windows Aero makes no difference either! :(
Nah- not the battery unfortunately...have tried that- as well as corded mice...didn t work

No comments: