Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hi- I have some good experience in programming with Java- actually I love programming so much :)
I m also planning to take the SCJP (sun certified java programmer) certificate soon.
The question is would it be really cool to step into the networking world and plan on taking the CCNA(cisco certified network associate)?
I mean would it be an advantage for me when I apply for a Job for example??
Or- should I just step further and further in Java devoting my energy into it- trying to gain more experience and planning on higher certification?

summary : is it good for anyone to branch his/her experience in IT or just concentrate in one field?

Please- advise me :)
Thank you.

I am using netbeans IDE. I have put a a button on the jFrame and set an icon for it using its properties.

How do I change the icon image when the event is generated when the button is pressed?

Please answer ASAP.

Thanks to those who answer the question.

I am using a JFileChooser to save the file

And- if so- how?

I am looking for a forum solution for my site that I can install. I don t want it in php. I like the look of the java/html forums I come across- but have no Idea what system they are using. Can anyone guide me where I can find a open source solution?

from lowest to highest using a method. im thinking along the lines of this- but it doesn t put the array in order for some reason. i also want to retrun the number of swaps needed. please help.
function selectionSort(arrayToSort)
var arrayLength [2- 5- 8- 5- 9- 3- 6- 7- 3];
arrayLength = arrayToSort.length;
var lowestValue = 0;
var lowestIndex = 0;
var numberOfSwaps = 0;

for(var element = 0; element < arrayLength -1; element = element + 1)
{

lowestValue = arrayToSort[element];
lowestIndex = element;
for(var nextElement = element + 1; nextElement < arrayLength; nextElement = nextElement + 1)
{

if(arrayToSort[nextElement] < lowestValue)
{
lowestValue = arrayToSort[nextElement];
lowestIndex = nextElement;
}
}
if(lowestIndex > element)
{
numberOfSwaps = numberOfSwaps + 1;
}

}


window.alert( The number of swaps to sort the array was: + numberOfSwaps);

return arrayToSort;
};

No comments: