Thursday, May 22, 2008

an instant variable has been set to a string- returning a boolean value true if the instant varabile does refrence a string. is it possible to create this method with or with out setter and getter methods.

Hi ! I m kinda lost in my career orientation. I m actually a university student in programmation. I m good in Java- I know a bit of C- C++ and Python. I want to make the move to web programming and I serioulsy don t know where to start.

Python- Rails- ASP I seriously don t know what to learn first. I made the switch to Linux so I don t think I will be developping .NET applications. I know a bit of HTML- XML and CSS. For the database part I know Oracle and a bit of MySQL.

The main fact is that I m no expert in any language. I know how to do small things in each of them but that s it. Is that normal ?? I mean I went to college in computer science and did one year at university and I still consider myself as a beginner programmer... Never made an exe. :P

So here s my questions :
- Do I need to be an expert in XHTML and CSS to make web applications ?
- Where should I start ? I think Ruby on Rails is a great thing to start with...

I am trying to create a button group and to be honest I have no idea how.

Here is the code for my two buttons.

private JRadioButton getRadioDog() {
if (radioDog == null) {
radioDog = new JRadioButton();
radioDog.setText("Dog");
}
return radioDog;
}


/**
* This method initializes radioCat
*
* @return javax.swing.JRadioButton
*/
private JRadioButton getRadioCat() {
if (radioCat == null) {
radioCat = new JRadioButton();
radioCat.setText("Cat");
}
return radioCat;

But how do I group these buttons? Then after grouping them I need to be able to select one. but if I change the selection- I need the other button to go away.

any thoughts?

thank you.

I Was Just Installing Limewire Basic On For Linux Ubuntu And In The Terminal It Hade The Terms & Agreement Thing So I Typed In Y For Yes Then It Was Installing Java Then It Stop And I Waited For About An Hour Then I Just Exited Out Of It Now I Cant ReInstall It Beaucause Every Time I Try To Is Says That There Are Other Programs Running That I Should Close All Programs Before Running The Installment Of Limewire So I Close Every Thing And Try The Same Thing And It Still Says The Same Thing Then I Go To Synaptic Package Manager And It Says This E: dpkg was interrupted- you must manually run dpkg --configure -a to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed- please report. So I Type The Command In Terminal And It Says That I Need Super User Privileges.What Dose That Mean.

When ever i don t have a plugin-like if i want to play a game-Netscape doesn t show the missing plugin or software.like java.When i press install missing plugin it says no missing plugins found?what do i do?

How can I use the Java Script from the website listed below?
I m trying to run it on a server so how do I do that?
What file(s) do I need to upload?
What code goes where?

Thanks!
http://jsbrwsniff.sourceforge.net/index.html

No comments: