Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ok- my internet was working ok this morning- but after coming back from God knows where- my messengers don t log me in- (MSN messenger saying that I have Proxy or firewall problems) Internet Explorer shows nothing but "This page cannot be displayed".

On Mozilla Firefox- everything works fine. i can browse the web- I can download stuff- but I can t actually start the download (i.e. Java application says that it can t connect to the internet.) In addition- the two little monitors that display how your internet is doing don t even flash blue at all- but yet- I m here on Yahoo typing this rant and question.

All other computers in my house work just fine. they have firefox- and the same messengers- but they work just fine.

Is there a way to fix this?
Yahoo messenger also does the same thing as MSN messenger.

Whats a proxy?
It only happens to my computer- not the other 4 active ones in the house

Im struggling with my java class.

Do you have an idea of how to
set up this program?

Investment Program:
User inputs:
-how much you make per week
-how many years you want will work
-interest rate
-how much money do you want to increse after each 5 years

Output:
-a list of how much you will make each year
ex.
Year 1: 2000$
Year 2: 2750$
Year 3: 3000$


any ideas?
thanks so much!!

how would i program a tic tac toe program so that i could play against a computer?

i want to download a file that uses java to my phone and get it to work but im unsure about the prescence of java on my phone already.

I need to make a program that does the following:
- program randomly selects a number between 10 and 30 (can also equal the numbers)
- asks the user to guess ie. "enter a guess"
- the user inputs a guess (loops until the user gets it right- while counting the attempts)
- when it s less than 10 or greater than 30- output that the number must be between 10 and 30- and asks user to try again- **and the attempt is not counted in the counter**
- when it s wrong- output that it s wrong ie. "sorry try again" and loops so that it repeats until the person gets the right number
-once the person gets it right- output "yeah you got it" and display the number of attempts that they tried (not including the guesses out of the range of 10-30)

Please note:
only able to use the basic variable declarations-
the numbers are all integers-
basic loop commands (for- do/while- while)
outputs using system.out.println(" ")
decision structures (if- else if- case)
other commands: input codes
It s programming at a grade 11 level using "Ready to Program" (with Java).
I m having issues with the order of coding for the looping structure- and also the attempt counter specifically.
I already have the random number part and user-inputs done- I just need help with how to properly loop it and how to count it.
I just put the entire assignment there for more details on what I m trying to do.
So if it s easier to just explain the looping part- and counter part- rather than write out a whole program- please do so.
I really need a template to work with.
Any help is much appreciated.
MANY THANKS AHEAD OF TIME :)
Thankss evilfrenchguy :p

Every time I try to run my Blue J program it pops up saying that it could not find any java systems- and that it requires a JDK/J2SDK to be installed in order to run. I can t find a link to the download anywhere- and every download I try still causes it not to work. I have a big project due using BlueJ need a link to the download plz! Any help would be appreciated- i would love you forever. Not really but you get my urgency.

No comments: