Thursday, May 22, 2008

I want to have a career as a web developer but I have no idea where to start. Do I need a degree to be a web developer? I only have a high school diploma and college isnt for me. I- however know a lot of basic HTML but thats it. I dont know css- java etc. I was thinking of taking a web developing course in college or teaching myself. My question is can I be an intern even though I only have experience with basic HTML and have no degree? What are the requirements for this job? I want to work for a company then eventually start my own web developing company in the future.

i have a list in the form:
item1-item2-item
(separated by comma s only)
i tried to do something like this:
private String listofitems;
private String[] myarray;
listofitems = "item1-item2-item3";
String[] myarray = { listofitems };
but then i call myarray[0] the value i get is null so obviously that don t work...
so what s the simplest way to make this comma-separated list into an array?
Chad: actually if you want to add items to an array you do need to write the [ ] again.

so it is:
String[] array = { "item1"- "item2"- "itemN" };

Help- I need some help. My boss wants me to make a code for him- and i have never made any type of code- He knows that- but wants to challenge me... But- i cnat find what he needs done for help... Alright. We have Notpad docs- with Logs- and there are some with the words at. roim. what ever... and then there are some with out.. there are many lines in these documents as well.. How do I make the code- to read through the docs- and then get rid of the lines that are associated with the .roim. ...? and save the document after the change?... If any hints or starting the code- any and all help will be great! Thanks
In advance.
Druke

I got this compile error- I can t get around!

Main.java:135: cannot find symbol
symbol: method drawImage(java.lang.String-int-int-Main)
location: class java.awt.Graphics
g.drawImage (backimage- 0- 0- this);
^
1 error

What s wrong with my code?
lol i just realised what i did. instead of
Image backimage;
backimage = getImage(getCodeBase()-imgUrlStr);

i did
String backimage;
backimage = imgUrlStr;

thanks Silent for pointing out it was a string.
thanks to other ppl for their help
this question is closed.

Hi-

Every program or website that uses java won t allow me to interact with it no matter what I do. What s going on with this and how can I fix this error? Because I can t use limewire- chatrooms and many other things. They load up but I can t do anything with them- only highlight and not interact so I am really annoyed at the moment. Surely there is a simple solution? I have the latest version of Java- a genuine copy of windows and everything else I can think of- if anyone else has a solution please enlighten me =(
yeah but Java is enabled... this is the problem... the box is checked and still nothing works- resetting it to factory settings doesn t work... i m clueless =(

No comments: