Friday, May 23, 2008

lemme start from the basics. I am a student from India & m doing a basic developers course from a reputed institute [NIIT] that includes C- C++- C#- Java. I might be doing .NET after completion of this course too.
I am interested in doing IT security as a career. so i wud like to get some information about it
1) What are the basics that i must know?
2) what are the courses to qualify as IT security person?
3) can i complete the course from ny computer institute [in this case its NIIT- its reputed in India- but am unaware bout other countries]- or govt. recognised institutes only?
4) What is the pay?
5) What is the risk involved in this career??
6) How wud u rate the job satisfaction for a person who loves to be on computers whole day??
7) any other suggestion u wud like to make...

Would like to have detailed information...

I am ready to travel to other countries for completion of the course

Thank You...

So well I have a 29 gallon tank w/ an external whisper 30-55 gallon power filter- heater that keeps the water between 76-78F- a little tuff of live java moss on a piece of driftwood- a ton of plastic/silk plants- and 3 homemade rock hideouts. Now for the stocking- I have
-10 female bettas
-1 female (I think- I ve had her for @ least 8 months) dwarf bristlenose pleco
-4 bronze corydoras
-possibly 2 ghost shrimp (i haven t seen them for awhile but they are great hiders)

I change 1/4 of the water every other weekend. So I was wondering how are my stalking levels? Am I overstocked or understocked? If understocked- what could I add to the tank?
Some species I have been thinking about are
-DAF (dwarf african frogs)
-Guppies (or would my bettas pick on them?)
-Balloon mollies (I used to have a gorgeous mail sailfin- but wouldn t the salt irritate the cories?)
-Platys
-More female bettas
Sorry about all the questions!!
Thanks!!! =D
Sorry I made a few mistakes while typing. 1st is the water temp is around 78-82F- 2nd is I change 30 percent of the water weekly- and when I do i use a gravel vacuum

I m a programmer. I got a copy-paste boring job where my brain cells have died and my skills have atrophied from dis-use. Java is up to 6.0 now and we are still using 1.3!!! I m *not* desperate for a job- any job- so i want to include a career objective on my resume to indicate what i want out of my next job.
Please tell me if this looks right at the top of my resume or if it would turn people off- and what i can do to make it more professional or effective.
(professional! ha! a way of saying "help my brain is dying" while making it look like i m not saying anything with any meaning at all- while making it clear to people who read between the lines that what i really mean is "help- my brain is dying!")

CAREER OBJECTIVE

To find someplace where I need to learn new skills- keep up with modern technology- solve problems creatively- or grow in any other direction.

(should i say "to learn new skills- keep..." instead? or that makes it less clear that my brain is dying?)
based on what you all say but the examples you give(!) i did what i tell people to do too often and used google. based on a career objective page on google and your advice- i now came up with this improvement:
"A position needing the acquisition of new skills- I.T-related research- keeping up with modern technology- solving problems creatively- or any other growth."
Still needs work- but better.

I need to create a JButton in java. I know how to do this- however- I need to display an image as the button- instead of text. How do I do this? I also need to be able to specify the x and y coordinates of the button- as well as its size. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
What is a container- I understand everything else but that. I am a 9th grade student- and this is my first year of java- so the Container thing is the only thing I dont understand!

Thanks!

http://www.giftestor.com
i have a text box in my form where user can write their e-mail address- my requirement is that after clicking submit button the java script use that e-mail address and send my defined text to him(user)

The message says:
Unable to connect to server.
One of four things could have caused this:
1)You are behind a firewall
2)You are not connected to the internet
3)The game server is down.
4)You have a stale page in your cache

I have taken down all firewalls and cleared my cache and I still can t play any games because I can t join a room. My internet connection is fine and the server isn t down because other people are in the rooms.

I m trying to play Yahoo Dominoes.

It s been doing this for a long time.

And I have java.

No comments: